Archaeology, Cultures, Discovery
Interactive Body : Find all the bones and get a score. Count how many times you must do the activity to get a 70%.
Science Mystery: Arctica--Read the mystery as a class and solve it! Be the forensic anthropologists. Examine the clues and create a shared slide presentation to solve the mystery of the Lady Jane.
Bone Basics Powerpoint
Bone Basic Worksheet
Unit 1: Crime Scene and Eyewitness Basics
Presentation 1: Crime Scene Basics
Rookie Training: CSI Web Adventures: Case 1: Rookie Training
Video: Walking Terror
Presentation 2: Eyewitness Basics
Unit 1 Quiz: Quiz
Unit 2: Physical Evidence
Presentation 1: Physical Evidence
Lab 1 : Murder and a Meal
Lab 2--Computer Lab: Trace Evidence Investigation
Video: Tourist Trap
Presentation 2: Fingerprint Basics
Video: Textbook Murder
Presentation 3: Latent Prints
Presentation 4: Ridgeology
10 Discoveries That ReWrote History
Video: The Rosetta Stone
Video Notes: The Rosetta Stone
Presentation Notes: Cultural Anthropology
Archeology Computer Labs
Evolution of Man Project
Smithsonian Museum: Human Evolution
1. Open the site and choose an ancestor from the tree
2. Research it to find its size. Make a body size outline on a piece of poster paper by tracing yourself, but make the creature an accurate size. Cut out the outline.
3. From each section of the site, find information about your subject. Write it in various creative ways on your form.
4. Present your models to the class, then hang them in the correct timeline order, with dates, on the hallway wall. Use the blue tape.
Cultural Antrho Project
1. Choose a country or ethnic group.
2. Research each of the five elements of culture for that country.
3. Choose one item for each.
4. Divide a blank sheet of paper into five parts--you can use circles, squares, or any creative format.
5. Label each division with one of the elements.
6. Write the name of your selection in the correct box, draw and color a picture of it.
7. Write "Why" or "How" each object represents its element of culture.
Dirt Detectives Web Page
Moment in Time: Jamestown Colony: Video
Colonial Post Card Maker Web Site: Make a Post Card and send it to your teacher. Make sure it is historically accurate.
What is the Job of an Archaeologist? Web Site